When it comes to generating awareness and encouraging conversions, brand ambassadors have assumed a central role in the marketing strategy of many brands.
Who are they? Brand ambassadors are individuals who represent a brand, in a positive light or what others may call, the “face” of the brand. With an established network, not only are they valuable as advocates of your brand, they’re also increasingly strategic if you’re hoping to cut through the noise in our crowded digital setting.
Ambassadors can be anyone who aligns with your brand values and loves the work you do as a brand! Their trusted voices within their niche community have the power to influence decisions which can increase visibility and credibility.
Every brand has a group of advocates they can tap into so let’s take a look at why you should implement a brand ambassadorship program just like how YoDoggo did.
Why you need brand ambassadors
If you’re looking to take your marketing campaign to the next level, you’re at the right place!
Increase trust and brand awareness
It can be a struggle trying to get your products and services out there, while facing stiff competition. One way to make your brand stand out among the crowd is through brand ambassadors that serves as a tool to legitimize your brand.
If you’re familiar with user-generated content (UGC), you’d know it’s true when they say it serves as a powerful addition to your marketing campaign.
Audiences look at UGCs as trusted advice the same way they’d ask their family and friends. Such posts legitimize the product or service, acting as social proof that has the potential to turn viewers into consumers.
Cost effectiveness and efficiency
UGC is not just a great way to reach new audiences and gain trust, it also allows you to save costs by leveraging it for marketing outreach. It also allows you to save time to procure these assets.
Sometimes it’s cheaper and faster to search through hundreds of UGCs, than to create content in-house. With UGC, consumers are creating these assets for you — use it!
The YoDoggo Pack
Earlier this May, we worked with YoDoggo to find the perfect influencers that fit their campaign. Let’s take a look at how they’ve increased and strengthened their presence in the community!
YoDoggo is a newly launched pet food brand in Singapore. They specialize in making completely balanced, 100% human-grade food for dogs — seeking to reimagine the quality of dog food — using 90% fresh meat and 10% vegetables, power seeds, and antioxidants.
With this pathos, they targeted our local community of pet content creators for collaboration to help increase brand recognition in Singapore.
Finding the perfect ambassadors
YoDoggo’s objective was to find committed brand ambassadors who share the same values of providing the best nutrition for their dogs.
Here are some of the perks they could enjoy:
- Monthly meals delivered to their doorstep for 6 months
- A personalized discount code for ambassadors’ followers
- Attractive referral commissions
- Monthly cash reimbursement
Ambassadors were selected based on their ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently while building customer loyalty and commitment. Most importantly, they believed in what the brand stands for and are committed to advocating for the YoDoggo diet!
As ambassadors for YoDoggo, the four creators would actively promote the brand through Instagram reels, images, and stories for a period of 6 months.
Building a successful ambassadorship program
Implementing a successful ambassadorship program can be a daunting task which is why we’re here to share some must-follow steps:
- Define the rules, scope and benefits of your ambassadorship program
- Identify and reach out to your current/potential power users
- Communicate the benefits of your brand ambassadorship in detail – give them a reason to become active advocates!
- Establish proper contracts for long-term partnerships
- Create and share content with your ambassadors – supporting them with the latest events and promotions makes it easy for them to share content frequently
- Measure the impact of brand ambassadorship with proper tracking systems such as personalized discount codes
- Recognize and reward your brand advocates!
Need help getting started?
Making brand ambassadorships a part of your marketing strategy can go a long way in reaching a wider audience.
Feel inspired by YoDoggo’s success but not sure where to start? Count on us to make your efforts more efficient! We help you take the hassle out of understanding the dos and don’ts of ambassadorships, saving you time on recruitment and management.
Reach out to us at email@example.com today!
* This blog is designed to be a community where pet owners can learn and share. The views expressed in each post are the opinion of the author and not necessarily endorsed by Pawjourr. Always consult your veterinarian for professional advice.